|This article is marked as lacking essential detail, and needs attention. Information regarding expansion requirements may be found on the article's talk page. Feel free to edit this page to assist with this expansion.|
|Original Airdate: 11/13/09|
|←||Season 3 / Episode 2||→|
Poveglia Island is the second episode of Season 3 of Ghost Adventures. Poveglia Island, off the coast of Venice, Italy, is one of the world's darkest epicenters. According to legend, the island was formed from the ashes of burned plague victims, criminals and mental patients who were exiled there.
They were not locked down inside of a building this time. They were practically abandoned on the island from "Dusk until Dawn" as Zak would say.
- Equipment Malfunction: During the day, Nick hears a girl's voice and moments later Zak's audio dies
- Other Phenomena: Before GAC head down to the island by boat for their lockdown, in the sky, there were two vapour clouds that formed an X over the island. Zak states that it bears a resemblance to the camera's X's.
- Identifiable Noises: Banging, Footsteps, Moaning, Thuds, Screaming
- Disembodied Speaking: Voices, Screaming, "Zak", "no", Moaning
- EMF Fluctuation: The EMF Detector bases at a 2 then spiked up to 3.5.
- Physical Harm: Nick starts feeling sick at the same time Zak starts having a weird feeling.
- Apparition: A strange anomaly manifests then slowly moves down the wall and disappears.
- Physical Harm/Apparition: When Aaron starts feeling light headed and drained, an orb shoots into his neck and vanishes.
- EMF Fluctuation/Apparition/Equipment Malfunction: The EMF Detector spikes up to a record 24.8 then to a 22.2 the same time a fast moving ball of light shoots into it. The anomaly must have been so powerful that it made the EMF Detector turn off and not work.
- Possession: While helping Aaron, Zak feels a feeling of extreme anger and aggression toward Nick and Aaron, which at that point, Zak believed that he was temporarily and nearly demonically possessed by dark entity. Zak states that when he looked back at Nick, it was like seeing a red filter over his eyes, then he lost control over his thoughts and actions.
- Other Phenomena: The GAC started smelling something burning.
- Residual Noises/Moving Object: While in the plague fields, Nick hears rustling in the weeds behind him, and Aaron hears footsteps coming towards him. During this, an unseen entity knocks over the Tri-Pod for the infrared panel.
- EVPs: "come here...I'm here (in Italian)", "let's fight", "hey", "bye bye"
- Apparition/Disembodied Speaking: The static night vision camera on the bridge captures a mist that moves across the field. At the same time, you can hear disembodied voices.
- Apparition: The X camera in the hospital captures a dark mist moving down a pillar, seconds before moaning is heard.
- Equipment Malfunction: Nick said use my energy in Italian and his camera was drained.
- Apparition: An orb quickly shoots into Zak in the Bad Room.
- Physical Contact: Zak feels as if something went through him.
- Temperature Fluctuation: A thermal reading is taken and the temperature was originally 82 and dropped to 68.
- Moving Object: While in the bell tower, Aaron hears something fall.
- Equipment Malfunction: Aaron's camera stops recording for no reason, for a few seconds.
- Equipment Malfunction: After receiving an EVP, Zak's camera goes blank and shuts off.
|Original Airdate: 01/22/10|
A special 90-minute extended cut of the episode aired on January 22, 2010.
- It is possible that this location was investigated after the Washoe Club, because Aaron mentions having some similar contact at Poveglia and the Washoe Club.
- Some of the evidence above was shown on the Poveglia Island special.
- It was revealed in the behind the scenes of the Ohio State Reformatory episode, that Zak got a tattoo of his demonic experience and possession in Poveglia.
|Season 3 Episodes|
|Pennhurst State School and Hospital • Poveglia Island • Ohio Reformatory • Remington Arms • Washoe Club/Chollar Mine • Linda Vista Hospital • Execution Rocks Lighthouse • Prospect Place • Clovis Wolfe Manor|