|Can you handle the lockdown?|
|No. of Seasons||13|
|No. of Episodes|| 150|
28 specials as from 2016
|Starring|| Zak Bagans|
Former: Nick Groff
|Original run||10/17/08 - present|
|Preceded by||Ghost Adventures: The Beginning|
|Followed by|| Ghost Adventures Live|
Ghost Adventures: Aftershocks
- There are things in this world that we will never fully understand. We want answers. We have worked years to build our credibility, our reputation. Working alongside the most renowned professionals in the field. Catching groundbreaking proof of the paranormal. This is our evidence, our Ghost Adventures.
Ghost Adventures is a weekly American paranormal television series that premiered on October 17, 2008 on Travel Channel. Produced by MY-Tupelo Entertainment, the program follows Zak Bagans, Nick Groff and Aaron Goodwin as they investigate locations reported to be haunted. Bagans narrates and hosts the show.
The trio appeared and were interviewed on Maury, Fox 19 News, NBC's Today, and TV Guide Network's Hollywood 411. In 2009, the series won 3 International Paranormal Acknowledgment (IPA) Awards.
Bagans, Groff, and Goodwin investigate reportedly haunted locations mostly in the United States, hoping to collect visual or auditory evidence of paranormal activity. Each episode begins with the trio touring the investigation site with its owners or caretakers. These introductions typically include Zak's narrations of the dark history of the places and interviews with people who claim to have witnessed paranormal phenomena at the location. The crew places X's with tape at the sites of alleged activity and later return to set static night-vision cameras on these hotspots.
After completing the walkthrough, the three men plan their strategy and then are locked down into the location by themselves to prevent any kind of audio contamination for an overnight (from dusk until dawn) investigation. During the lockdown, they use a variety of equipment, including digital thermometers, EMF meters, handheld digital video cameras, the Spirit Box, digital audio recorders, and infrared night-vision cameras in an effort to document evidence to support paranormal events. On some investigations, the members follow provocative techniques, such as using trigger objects and sometimes aggressive language, in an attempt to increase their chances of capturing such phenomena. At the end of some episodes, the investigators analyze their audio, photos, and video footage (often with the assistance of paranormal experts) and present any unexplained phenomena that were captured.
Throughout the series, the crew claims to have captured and experienced various allegedly unexplained phenomena:
- equipment malfunction, like battery drainage;
- EMF spikes, or fluctuations in electromagnetic fields;
- sudden changes in temperature (increase, decrease, or both);
- unexplained noises;
- electronic voice phenomena (EVPs);
- apparitions, shadow people, mists, and orbs;
- physical contact and harm;
- moving objects;
- spirit possessions; and
- other phenomena, like responses in a word database and drainage of an EMF pump.
- Main article: List of Ghost Adventures episodes
The first 8 seasons of Ghost Adventures premiered episodes on Fridays, The 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th premiered episodes on Saturdays.
- Official website
- Ghost Adventures on Travel Channel
- Ghost Adventures on Facebook
- Ghost Adventures on Twitter
- Ghost Adventures on YouTube
- Ghost Adventures on MySpace
- ↑ Due to he quit the show because of family reasons. The rumours that are stating Zak is the one to blame are false.